The Countdown Begins!
The 34th Annual LMSA Midwest Conference is one of connection, professional development, and academic showcasing! Join us for a weekend of…
Showcasing your work. CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS OPEN
Networking with medical school and residency representatives from across the country
Keynotes and Workshops
Fostering Growth and Inspiration
Community Service Day
Impacting the local community
Gala and Socials
Forge new friendships and reinforce old ones
Since 1843, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine has been at the forefront of medical education, dedicated to enhancing human health, and a leader and innovator in healthcare education and biomedical research. Case Western Reserve University
School of Medicine’s Mission is to improve global health by linking research to populations in a superb educational environment.
Call For Abstracts is open!
We are excited to host your research focused on Latinx/o/a community health. Boost your CV, network with physicians and medical students in your field of research, and enjoy a special presenter registration pricing and other perks! Research categories include…
1. Academic Research
2. Applied Practice
3. Community Engagement
4. Education and Pedagogy
National Hispanic Medical Association Journal Partnership
LMSA Midwest, in partnership with NHMA, will forward your accepted abstract to NHMA to be considered for publication in NHMA’s peer-reviewed academic journals. Express your interest for this opportunity in the abstract submission form below!
Please upload your abstract at the link below.
Abstract Deadline 12/31/2023
Sponsor and Exhibitor Fair
For Sponsors and Exhibitors:
Please explore our conference prospectus page for options on how your organization can support LMSA through a sponsorship, or participate in our exhibitor fair.
Check back periodically here for an updating list of conference exhibitors!
Keynotes and Workshops
Under construction, check back periodically for more updates!
Community Service Day
Blood Drive and Be The Match
We will be hosting a blood drive with the American Red Cross, attendees may sign up to donate blood and receive exclusive conference merchandise as a thank you!
We will also be hosting a “Be The Match” information and sign-up session, where attendees can learn about how to become a bone marrow donor for patients in need.
Gala and Socials
Attend our socials throughout the conference to make new connections with LMSA Midwest peers and reforge connections! Socials will be hosted by venues near our host institution.
Our LMSA Gala is a premier celebration of our members across the region. Our gala will include time to celebrate…
The gala will be the stage where LMSA Midwest publicly announces the recipients of our Pre-Medical, Medical Student, Dreamer, and Medical Student Parent scholarships.
Research Award Recipients
Including best poster presentation and best oral presentations
Chapter of The Year Award Recipients
Highlight an LMSA Midwest Chapter’s activities in uplifting the mission of LMSA
Graduating Medical Student Celebration
Highlight our region’s graduating medical students and celebrate with a custom graduation stole ceremony
Lodging and Accommodations
Accessibility and Accommodations
LMSA Midwest is proud to partner with lodging hosts that offer several accessibility accommodations including wheelchair-accessible rooms and ADA compliant access routes. We are working with our host to ensure your ability to gain access to the conference’s many benefits.
Medical Student Parents
LMSA Midwest knows that being a parent during medical school is a unique and special experience. LMSA Midwest is working with our host to provide accessible programming for medical student parents including lactation rooms, changing tables in bathrooms, and information for nearby daycares.
We hope to include your little one as part of our LMSA Familia!
If there are any needs you may have to ensure you can benefit from this conference, feel free to reach out to our co-directors at director.midwest(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lmsa.net!
Registration and Resources
Register through Eventbrite! Enjoy special group pricing as well as discounted tickets for attendees with accepted abstracts.
- What does parking look like?
- LMSA Midwest is working with our host to provide our conference attendees with validated parking. Paid parking options are also available at our lodging hotel block.
- What lodgings are available?
- A hotel block is soon to be available with InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland. Lodging will need to be reserved separately from conference registration. Our hotel block will allow for a discounted price for lodging, check back soon for more information!
- What is the gala? Where will the gala be?
- The gala is a celebratory dinner and social hosted at the end of the conference, allowing LMSA to honor and recognize scholarship recipients, research competition winners, LMSA chapter of the year, and LMSA mentor of the year. This year’s gala location is to be determined, stay tuned!
- How are gala tickets purchased?
- Gala tickets are NOT included in your general admissions ticket, but are available at a discounted price with your general admissions ticket. Please select the “Discounted Gala” add-on when registering to ensure you have a gala ticket reserved for you. Gala tickets are limited.
- Who may we reach out to with more questions?
- Please contact our conference coordinators at conference.midwest(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lmsa.net or our regional directors at director.midwest(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lmsa.net
- For technical difficulties, please reach out to webmaster.midwest(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lmsa.net
Institutional Support Resources
The link below contains resources to leverage your institutions’ support for your attendance to the LMSA Conference. This includes
- Procedure on how to seek funding from your institution
- Formatted email letters for funding
- Formatted email letters for excuse from academic duties