House of Delegates 2023
What is the House of Delegates?
The House of Delegates (HOD) is an annual 1-2 day event that usually occurs in the fall for the Midwest delegates and the LMSA Midwest Board of Directors (BOD). HOD consists of:
(1) Leadership Development: Faculty and leaders from the Midwest region are invited to speak about leadership development, being URM in medicine, academic/ professional development, etc.
(2) LMSA Midwest Business Meeting: At the business meeting each Midwest chapter will provide a brief update on the successes/ challenges of the prior year. The BOD will provide updates on the region and may present resolutions that are to be voted on by the delegates.
Additional events such as socials/ mixers, residency panels, and service projects vary each year.
Who are the chapter delegates?
Delegates are the voting body of LMSA Midwest. Each LMSA chapter is required to choose 2 delegates who will represent the chapter during regional meetings/events.
Most often, the two chapter delegates are the president or vice president, however, some schools may have a delegate position.
Who will be attending?
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Rosalind Franklin University — Chicago Medical School
Rush Medical College
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine – Chicago
University of Illinois College of Medicine – Peoria
University of Illinois College of Medicine – Rockford
Indiana University School of Medicine – Indianapolis
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine
Central Michigan University College of Medicine
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine – East Lansing
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine – Grand Rapids
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU COM)
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
University of Michigan Medical School
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine
Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine
University of Minnesota Medical School – Twin Cities
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine
University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine
Washington University School of Medicine
University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Creighton University School of Medicine
Boonshoft School of Medicine at Wright State University
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Northeast Ohio Medical University College of Medicine (NEOMED)
The Ohio State University College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences
Unviersity of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health – Madison
Table of Contents
Where is the HOD Meeting?
HOD will be hosted at Rush University, 600 South Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612
Hotel Accommodations for Delegates
Accommodations for Delegates are To-Be-Determined.
Check again soon! We are excited to accommodate delegates for a weekend of LMSA excellence!
Business Agenda TBD Check Again Soon!
LMSA Midwest knows your time is valuable, we hope to update you on how the HOD will flow as soon as possible.
About MOLA- Our sponsor & partner
MOLA Mission Statement
We are a non-profit association of Hispanic/Latino physicians and health professionals working for career advancement, linguistic and cultural competency, personal wellness, and health equity for the good of the entire Hispanic/Latino community.
7th Latino Health Symposium
From all the LMSA Delegates, Thank you MOLA for all your support!
- Vaccinations & Testing
- Both LMSA Midwest and MOLA require attendees to show proof of vaccination or hold a negative COVID-19 within 48-hours of the conference start date
- You must complete this form to show proof of vaccination or attest that you will get tested.
2. Make sure you’ve completed the following requirements:
- Review our LMSA Chapter Welcome Packet
- Fill out 22-23 Chapter Directory
- Pay your dues/Check your LMSA membership status
- Per National LMSA Bylaws, every local chapter must have at least 1 National dues-paying member.
- Check your membership status here.
- Remember to fill out your chapters PPT slide for our chapter presentations Due October 4th!
2. Delegates! Stay up to date on your emails for details and updates.