Table of Contents
LMSA Midwest Regional Conference
Follow us on Social Media to hear about the latest updates!
- Scholarships announced this Weekend
- Welcome to our newest Chapter Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine, in Rochester, MN!
- Delegates, have you checked out our latest news? There are some things you definitely do not want to miss out on. Some things to check out include.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago: North Shore Conference Center
Academic Poster Event & Networking Session
Please see LMSA Midwest Stand to officially check-in
MOLA symposium breakfast
5500 N. St. Louis St. Chicago, IL 60625
9:00- 11:00 AM
MOLA plenary session
Attend one of these 3 sessions
- Public Health & Infectious Disease
- Latinx Gender, Sexual and LGBTQ+ Identities
- Medical Spanish Ambassador Workshop
LMSA & MOLA panel with Lunch
See below on website or click the hyperlink
LMSA HOD Social and Celebration
More information TBA.
Kimberly Flores & Larissa De Souza
1:35 – 1:50 P.M.
National President’s Greeting
1:50 – 2:10 P.M.
Building Up Your Chapter
Maximizing Scholarship Opportunities
Branding 101 & Picture Time
Sydney Lopez, Devin Barzallo, Bianca Ituarte
2:40 – 2:55 P.M.
Enrique Cazares-Navarro & Jaquelin Solis
2:55 – 3:05 P.M.
Bathroom, Water & Snack Break
3:05 – 3:45 P.M.
The Nuts & Bolts: Leading Efficient Meetings and Advocating for Institutional Funding
Ana Maria Viteri & Jesús Bazán Villicaña
Please bring your laptop for this session; Chapter PowerPoint will be presented during this session.
Leading with compassion and wisdom: ¡Si se puede!
Dra. Patricia Tellez Girón*
4:25 – 4:40 P.M.
Policy & Academic Affairs
Melanie Valentin & Cristhian Gutierrez Huerta
Advocacy in LMSA & opportunities to showcase your research.
Empowering One Another and the Communities We Serve
Natalie Vela & Mayra
About MOLA- Our sponsor & partner
MOLA Mission Statement
We are a non-profit association of Hispanic/Latino physicians and health professionals working for career advancement, linguistic and cultural competency, personal wellness, and health equity for the good of the entire Hispanic/Latino community.
6th Latino Health Symposium
From all the LMSA Delegates, Thank you MOLA for all your support!
Where is the HOD Meeting?
HOD will be hosted at the Northeastern Illinois University
Hotel Accommodations for Delegates
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore Conference Center
Address: 9599 Skokie Blvd, Skokie, IL 60077
Hotel Rooming Assignments:
- Click here to see your hotel room assignment.
- Each room will most likely require one member to use their credit card for room charges. We are attempting to finalize a plan with the hotel to avoid this step but please discuss amongst roommates who out of the group can secure a credit card for this process. Ideally, this person will be the first one to arrive. If there are any issues, or if you’re unable to secure a card, please contact Larissa or Jesús. We will process reimbursements for this charge within two weeks.
- To coordinate plans with other delegates, please add your phone number to the hotel assignment sheet. Otherwise, use emails to communicate and coordinate arrivals and check-in details.
- The hotel has a pool so bring a bathing suit if you want to use it!
- If there are any errors with room assignments please respond to this email/text Larissa (781-252-0144) or email Jesús (cfo.midwest(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)lmsa.net).
- Vaccinations & Testing
- Both LMSA Midwest and MOLA require attendees to show proof of vaccination or hold a negative COVID-19 within 48-hours of the conference start date
- You must complete this form to show proof of vaccination or attest that you will get tested.
2. Make sure you’ve completed the following requirements:
- Review our LMSA Chapter Welcome Packet
- Fill out 22-23 Chapter Directory
- Pay your dues/Check your LMSA membership status
- Per National LMSA Bylaws, every local chapter must have at least 1 National dues-paying member.
- Check your membership status here.
- Remember to fill out your chapters PPT slide for our chapter presentations Due October 4th!
2. Delegates! Stay up to date on your emails for details and updates.